Cynthia Mills: Certified Master Coach, FASAE, CAE, CPC, CCRC
Executive, Career, & Life Coaching
How will clients benefit with you as their coach?
First and foremost, clients will have a safe place to be themselves and explore whatever professional, career, or personal areas that they choose to focus upon with a partnering champion for their development and breakthroughs. They will experience a supportive, caring, and seasoned coach, association professional, and business leader with whom to work. Coachees will benefit to the extent that they choose to execute on the outcomes that arise from our work together.
What results have clients reported after working with you?
Promotions, improved relationships, improved sense of self-worth, and a feeling of being focused and headed in the right direction.
What do clients say about working with you?
"Cynthia is a seasoned association executive whose wise counsel and thoughtful insights have proven vital to my own professional development. As a coach, peer and mentor, she has had a profound impact on my growth as a leader. She creates a comfortable, safe, nurturing environment for candid dialogue, problem solving and thought-provoking discussion. She is a trustworthy confidante, sounding board and solutions provider who really knows her stuff!"
Angela Cain, CEO CoreNet Global
"Cynthia's brainstorming, mentoring, and counsel have proven invaluable in seeing me through an anxious transition period and helping me prepare myself for my next opportunity. She's great at asking simple questions to help frame and focus on issues, as well as at providing great feedback and encouragement. I'll continue to enjoy and benefit from our coaching relationship moving forward."
Scott Brunner, CEO, GA Pharmacy Association
"We recently developed a new Leadership Program at the American Traffic Safety Services Association (ATSSA). A key component is preparing the "next gen" of our members to guide the association in the future, while at the same time giving them useful skills to use back in their own businesses. We saw this as a key benefit in order to get a company to commit to the $2,500 registration fee, plus travel expenses. We wanted to add a coaching component as a way to continue an individual's leadership growth following the conclusion of the formal program. Cynthia was a natural choice. She connects well with people and her experience as a CEO enables her to quickly understand where we are going from an association perspective. I recommend her to any of my association colleagues without hesitation."
Roger Wentz, President & CEO, ATTSA
What is your coaching philosophy?
Coaching is a partnership for professionals, who seek a safe haven to explore, vent, test, innovate, and take off their masks in order to create personal and professional breakthroughs. The coachee is always in control of session content identification, and it is their responsibility to determine what actions to take and whether, or when, to move forward. The coach's role is one of assisting on the journey to discovery, creation of options for consideration, illumination, and support through powerful questions, inquiry, challenging of actions taken/not taken, and accountability.
What strengths do you have as a coach?
- My coaching strengths include the ability to form a quick bond with clients that creates trust; allowing the client to open-up and begin receiving benefit from coaching sessions immediately.
- I have strong listening skills that uncover issues that are not initially communicated and an ability to integrate executive, career, and life coaching so the coachee can bring their full self to a session; receiving support regardless of what has come up in their lives professionally or personally.
- My reputation for transformational work with boards and staff, along with the breadth of background and experience make me relatable and credible to the client.
What types of clients do you work with?
- Association CEOs and executives
- Boards of Directors
- Corporate executives and business owners
- Executive/Leadership/Management Teams
- Developing professionals and young leaders
- Transitioning professionals (new careers, new CEOs/executives, promotions, retirement)
What is your professional background?
With over 20 years as an association CEO running 501(c)3, 4, and 6 international, national, regional organizations, I have a breadth of understanding of the association profession and business that enables me to partner well with developing and seasoned association professionals, business owners and leaders.
My experience includes running for-profit subsidiaries, national and state PACs, foundations, and insurance entities. As a Fellow of the profession, CAE, and with 3 coaching certifications, I continue to invest in keeping current to match the speed with which our profession and the business environment is accelerating. I have served the association profession on the ASAE Executive Committee and Board, ASAE Business Services, Inc. Board, and was GSAE's President. I have also received recognition from the association profession and been awarded the Chairman's award twice by one of the associations she served, and I am a member of ASAE, GSAE, AENC, and ICF.
I am the Founder, President & CEO of The Leaders' Haven, an international executive coaching, speaking/facilitation and consulting firm. My first coaching book was published in 2015. I am also a Senior Associate with Tecker International. For further information, please refer to www.theleadershaven.com or www.linkedin.com/in/leadershavencoach/
Ready To Get Started With Cynthia?
Order online below. Once your order is received, a member of our team will contact you directly to facilitate the connection to your coach.
Career Coaching Programs
What You Get
Add to Cart
Three 30-Minute Coaching Sessions
||The Career Coaching service matches individuals with a personal coach--a confidant, champion, and challenger who will help you:
With Career Coaching you can:
- Gain personalized guidance through job transitions
- Prepare and navigate through your annual reviews
- Leverage your behavioral and professional strengths effectively
- Diagnose reasons for career dissatisfaction
- Learn how to take action in networking, interviewing, and taking on new opportunities
- Learn how your behavioral style affects those you work with
- Build a compelling value proposition for a potential employer
- Manage change more effectively
- Overcome hurdles that impede success
- Sustain professional success and maintain balance
- Get ongoing support through all phases of your career
Non Member: $280.00