Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2112756
Perform research of a highly complex nature. Lead research projects and perform near to totally independent research. Exercise discretion and independent judgment to develop design of research to test hypotheses. Devise new or modify existing methods and develop procedures to meet new conditions. Effective communication skills as well as efficient data administration and bioinformatics analysis competencies are critical to the success of this position because they will be used in establishing procedures, writing specifications, programming, documenting, and analyzing data, and preparing manuscripts for presentation and publication.
About the Department:
The mission of the Vanderbilt Center for Quantitative Sciences (CQS) is to coordinate and integrate the work of Vanderbilt University and Medical Center quantitative scientists across the disciplines of biostatistics, bioinformatics, biomathematics, computational biology, biomedical engineering, and other related fields, with the end goal of building bridges and streamlining quantitative collaboration for improved biomedical research. CQS members have expertise in basic science as well as clinical/translational studies, with a particular interest in high-dimensional data, including proteomic, genomic, lipidomic, and metabolomic research. The center is available to all university and medical center investigators, offering collaborative support spanning traditional statistical inputs (e.g., experimental design, sample size determination, power analysis, conventional data analysis and results interpretation), to novel statistical and bioinformatic approaches for modern technologies (e.g., advanced sample size determination for next-generation sequencing, multivariate modeling for high-dimensional data), to systems and computational biology approaches for asking questions and modeling results.
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Masters or higher (Preferred)
Preferred experience and skills: