Location: New York, New York
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences currently has over 40 full-time faculty with wide interests in psycho-oncology clinical care, teaching, and research. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. MSK provides excellent benefits including faculty housing benefits. https://www.mskcc.org/departments/psychiatry-behavioral-sciences
This faculty position offers opportunities for clinical care, teaching, and collaborative research. This position will provide psychiatric care to MSK's Manhattan locations, and will provide outpatient care with a mix of in-person and telehealth. The position will also provide consultation-liaison psychiatric services for cancer patients at our main hospital. The position will work with cancer patients with a variety of cancer diagnoses and all cancer stages. This full-time position provides a unique opportunity for a blend of patient care, teaching/fellowship training, collaborative research, and program development.
- Up to 3 1/2 days of outpatient clinic depending on inpatient coverage,
- Regular structured weekly consultation-liaison inpatient coverage at MSK's Main Campus,
- Weekday and weekend on call coverage, approximately 28 days of call a year include up to four weekends.
- Opportunities for teaching activities for fellows, residents, and medical students,
- Opportunities for inpatient and outpatient clinical supervision of fellows.
The ideal candidate should have:
Candidates must have clinical experience and appropriate training in working with adult cancer patients and their families. Board certification or eligibility in Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry is preferred. This search is open to potential candidates with a M.D. or D.O., at all levels of career experience and appointments will be made at an academic level commensurate with the appointee's experience.
- Applicants must possess a full and unrestricted license to practice Psychiatry in the State of New York (or must be licensed in another jurisdiction and be eligible for licensure in New York and New Jersey).
- Applicants must possess a Doctor of Medicine (MD), Osteopathy (DO) or equivalent.
- Board-certification in Psychiatry. Board certification or eligibility in Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry is preferred.
- Eligible for appointment at an academic rank ranging from Instructor to Professor.
- Candidates must have clinical experience and appropriate training in working with adult cancer patients and their families.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Excellent communication skills and passion for teaching.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
- Respect for diversity. MSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. For information about MSK's commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion, please see: https://careers.mskcc.org/about-msk/equality-diversity-inclusion/
- Professional competence, ethical standards, and the ability to serve as a role model for other faculty, fellows and resident physicians.
If you have any questions about this job opportunity, please contact:
Laurie Schulman, Assistant to Chairman,
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Office direct: (646) 888-0052
Please include a cover letter, brief statement of experience and interests, CV, and contact information for three references in your application submission.
Physician compensation is based on multiple variables. This range represents annual salary only and does not include supplemental performance-based pay or any one-time payments that eligible candidates may be offered at the time of hire.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.