Oak Ridge, Tennessee
New York, New York
Smithfield, North Carolina
Costa Mesa, California
Newark, New Jersey
Apex, North Carolina
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2206227
Research Assistant II JOB SUMMARY: Under moderate supervision, set up, conduct experiments, and continue research projects following protocols including the appropriate recording of data and reporting of standard or variant results. Assist in other laboratory and research functions. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Division has over 20 faculty and over 50 staff members, who participate in a wide-range of clinical programs and clinical and basic science research. Training the next generation of physicians and scientists is a major part of our mission and involves an Endocrinology Training Program and a Medical Student Research Program .
The Division provides in-patient and out-patient care at two hospitals, Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Nashville Veterans Administration Hospital. We strive for excellence in patient care, and this has been recognized by our ranking as one of the best programs in Diabetes and Endocrinology by the US News and World Report.
Investigators in the Division conduct biomedical research ranging from laboratory-based to clinical investigation to outcomes and quality research. Research in the Division is supported by the National Institutes of Health, the American Diabetes Association, the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation International, the Research Service of the Veterans Association as well as private foundations and pharmaceutical companies.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.