Oak Ridge, Tennessee
New York, New York
Lafayette , Colorado
Newark, New Jersey
Eglin AFB, Florida
Davis or Oakland, California
San Marcos, Texas
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2112610
Bioinformatician - REMOTE WORK POSSIBLE
The Department of Biostatistics at Vanderbilt University Medical Center is seeking a bioinformatics analyst who will independently and/or as member of a research team contribute to multiple omics research projects. The research seeks to reveal the underlying biological/molecular mechanisms of complex diseases through large-scale data mining, especially high-throughput sequencing data.
Effective communication skills as well as efficient data administration and bioinformatics analysis competencies are critical to the success of this position because they will be used in establishing procedures, writing specifications, programming, documenting and analyzing data, and preparing manuscripts for presentation and publication.
The Department of Biostatistics at VUMC was founded in 2003, tasked with the mission of bringing biostatistical expertise to the Vanderbilt community. With the unflagging support of the School of Medicine, and the diligence and creativity of our faculty and staff, we daily fulfill our mission: engaging in cutting-edge statistical methodology research, providing collaborative support and educational resources for biomedical and basic science researchers across the university, and training a new generation of Biostatisticians. For more information, please visit https://www.vumc.org/biostatistics/ .
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health : among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US