Santa Clara, California
New York, New York
San Antonio, Texas
Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands
Lafayette , Colorado
Smithfield, North Carolina
Costa Mesa, California
Newark, New Jersey
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2205650
The Vanderbilt Clinical Informatics Center (VCLIC), a world-leading group of researchers and practitioners studying how to make EHRs (Electronic Health Records) work better, is seeking project management support for our initiatives, both operational and research-oriented. VCLIC coordinates clinical informatics activities across Vanderbilt University Medical Center and is working to "pave the road" for clinical informatics researchers and practitioners, ensuring that faculty, students, and staff throughout Vanderbilt find it easy to access data, test innovations, and evaluate results. VCLIC also offers lectures, trainings, competitions, and funding opportunities for Vanderbilt informaticians.
Candidates for the Research Project Manager role will have an interest in healthcare and a strong desire to be part of a team and Center that is striving to bring high quality education, service, and research opportunities to the VU and VUMC communities at-large.
Through the VUMC Department of Biomedical Informatics (DBMI) and the Vanderbilt Clinical Informatics Center (VCLIC), the Research Project Manager will have numerous opportunities for training and career development. DBMI and VCLIC hold regular seminars and journal clubs and offer trainings on research skills and data management, among other topics. Opportunities to observe and shadow healthcare providers and Health IT professionals are also available.
This role will plan, develop, and execute ongoing projects and programs that impact VCLIC members as well as VUMC and VU faculty, staff, trainees, and students.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
**Required Qualifications **
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 3 years relevant experience