Santa Clara, California
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
New York, New York
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Hauppauge, New York
Asheville, North Carolina
los angeles, California
Des Moines, Washington
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2106858
We are seeking an Analyst with proficiency in R or Python for data analysis and an interest in data standards. We are leaders in several projects funded by the National Institutes of Health to improve the FAIRness of research data- Findability, Accessibility, Interoperability, and Reproducibility. Our role in these projects is related to representation, collection, and distribution of clinical and phenotypic data used to drive innovative research. Implementing emerging standards and promoting use through developing tools has the potential to open up clinical and genomic research to new audiences.
The day to day activities of the individual who fills this position will primarily be focused on data and process in the context of a multidisciplinary team. This individual's responsibilities will include data receipt, transformation, quality control (QC), and pilot analysis. Specifically, this individual will work closely with the project managers on tracking the state of data submissions, the development team to provide feedback on tools, and data stakeholders on QC. One example would be shepherding a newly uploaded dataset through a transformation and QC process.
This role will be working with the HL7 FHIR specification for health data in a local and cloud context. No experience with FHIR is required, but an interest in working with standards is important.
The mission of the Vanderbilt Department of Biomedical informatics has complementary themes that include education, research, service, and a commitment to our colleagues in our own institution and around the world. The Educational Mission is to educate undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate trainees in the theory and practice of biomedical informatics. The Research and Service Mission is to develop and evaluate innovative technologies for the storage, retrieval, dissemination, and application of biomedical knowledge, in order to support clinical practice, biomedical research, life-long learning, and administration and as a result, to contribute to the professional body of knowledge in the field of biomedical informatics. The Professional and Ethical Mission is to maintain cooperation and collegiality with all those who learn and work with us locally, nationally, and internationally; and, to develop and disseminate ethical and professional standards for the conduct of biomedical informatics research and for the use and evaluation of health care informatics applications.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Additional Key Elements/ Responsibilities:
* Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 2 years experience required.