Santa Clara, California
Princeton, New Jersey
New York, New York
Santa Monica, California
Eglin AFB, Florida
Davis or Oakland, California
Bay City, Michigan
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2205311
JOB SUMMARY: Ensures continuity and consistency of the research proposal process under occasional guidance. Facilitates the protocol process from submission to completion.
The Human Research Protection Program Mission Protecting the safety, rights and welfare of human research participants through: Collaboration - with Investigators, key study personnel, other supporting institutional bodies and external entities towards a common goal of protecting human research participants. Service - guiding and supporting the development of research based on sound research design and strong ethical principles that contribute to scientific and scholarly advances in behavioral, social, biomedical and other sciences. Developing and Implementing human research protections education programs on the application of IRB policies and procedures, and Federal regulations and guidelines. Continuing education of Investigators and key study personnel resulting in an up-to-date and knowledgeable research community in human research protections, regulations and institutional policy and procedures. Consulting with Investagors and key study personnel in the development of research programs to facilitate compliance with regulations, and assuring adherence to FDA and other regulatory guidelines, ethical considerations and institutional policies related to human research protections. Administer a Community Outrearchy Program that serves the Nashville community for education on the rights of research participants. Providing an Outreach Program for the Vanderbilt Community to educate them on the Federal regulations and human research protections. Quality - Post Approval Monitoring of human research activities to assure compliance with Federal regulations, VHRPP and institutional policies and procedures. Supporting a continuous quality improvement program through continuous assessment, evaluation and action.
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Additional Qualification Information: