Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Hoboken, New Jersey
Silver Spring, Maryland
Cambridge , Massachusetts
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Hempstead, New York
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2104028
Research Nurse Specialist II
Department Summary :
This position with the Meharry-Vanderbilt Alliance will be located at the Biomedical Sciences Building at 1005 Dr. D. B. Todd Jr. Blvd; Nashville, TN 37208. The Meharry-Vanderbilt Alliance develops and supports collaborative initiatives. It has provided opportunities for collaboration between Meharry Medical College and Vanderbilt University Medical Center, and for collaboration with projects in the community. The elimination of health disparities is a major focus of Alliance Projects. Dr. Karen Winkfield assumed the role of Executive Director on November 1, 2020, and leads the Alliance in expanding its community-engaged research initiatives while continuing to cultivate its existing programs. For more information, please visit https://www.vumc.org/meharry-vanderbilt/ .
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Research and Nursing Conduct
Research Communication, Evaluation, and Reporting