Hoboken, New Jersey
Silver Spring, Maryland
Cambridge , Massachusetts
New York, New York
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2113558
Statistical Genetic Analyst II
Department of Biostatistics
The Department of Biostatistics at Vanderbilt University Medical Center is seeking a bioinformatics analyst who will independently and/or as member of a research team contribute to multiple omics research projects. The research seeks to reveal the underlying biological/molecular mechanisms of complex diseases through large-scale data mining, especially high-throughput sequencing data.
Effective communication skills as well as efficient data administration and bioinformatics analysis competencies are critical to the success of this position because they will be used in establishing procedures, writing specifications, programming, documenting, and analyzing data, and preparing manuscripts for presentation and publication.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
DEPARTMENT OF BIOSTATISTICS:
Welcome to the Department of Biostatistics at Vanderbilt University!
The department was founded in 2003, tasked with the mission of bringing biostatistical expertise to the Vanderbilt community. With the unflagging support of the School of Medicine, and the diligence and creativity of our faculty and staff, we fulfill our mission daily: engaging in cutting-edge statistical methodology research, providing collaborative support and educational resources for biomedical and basic science researchers across the university, and training a new generation of biostatisticians.
Today, more than a decade since our inception, the department stands poised to enter a new era: the era of big data, in which biostatisticians are challenged to expand their skills and knowledge beyond traditional statistical modeling and inference, to the broader tasks of bringing order to enormous quantities of structured and unstructured data, and to find the patterns and make the predictions that support the promise of precision medicine.
We are excited to embrace the opportunities of this new era, and look forward to meeting each new challenge, together.
Yu Shyr, PhD, FASA , FAAAS Professor and Chair
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
This is a full-time position.
Salary is dependent upon education and experience.
Background screens will be performed, and education will be verified prior to employment. Please be prepared to provide required information and/or documentation.