Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Buffalo, New York
Hempstead, New York
Schenectady, New York
Fort Collins, Colorado
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2110984
This application developer will set up and maintain the data storage/sharing platforms including the CellxGene system for single cell RNA sequencing as well as the XNAT platform.
At Vanderbilt we believe the greatest successes for imaging in the future will come from environments where the complementary natures of different imaging approaches are exploited, where experts in basic sciences and technical aspects of image formation and analysis collaborate closely with biomedical scientists who ask appropriate questions, and where the basic underlying science of imaging is fostered.
Day Shift/ Non-Exempt Position
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Additional Key Elements/ Responsibilities:
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES: APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT (INTERMEDIATE): Demonstrates proficiency of programming and other development tasks independently and without support from others for moderate to difficult applications. Has conducted all of the tasks and activities required to complete the applications development phase and participated in the process of fully implementing the system. Able to successfully debug complex routines. In terms of structured programming, has used structured code to produce modules of straightforward logic. APPLICATIONS DEVELOPMENT STANDARDS AND PROCEDURES (NOVICE): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate knowledge of applications development standards and procedures in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Is attentive to existing applications development standards and procedures, and may recommend improvements to existing applications development standards and procedures within the work area. APPLICATIONS SYSTEM DESIGN - (NOVICE): Demonstrates the ability to conduct systems design tasks in a team environment or independently to build or enhance a simple system. Has conducted the basic phases of systems design including preparing design and file specifications, preparing testing, conversion, and implementation plans, designing system architecture and process flows, and preparing program requirements and specifications. Creatively generates multiple potential solutions. In terms of structured systems design, if applicable, has participated in the structured design of one or more conventional, relatively uncomplicated data processing systems as a member of a project team. Is familiar with standard methods for functional decomposition. Has participated in structured design walk-throughs. APPLICATIONS SYSTEM ANALYSIS (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS): Has some training in or light exposure to basic systems analysis tasks. Participated in one or more systems analysis tasks such as: collection of documents, user interviews, file analysis, process flow charting, functional process modeling, data modeling, feasibility, prototyping, and evaluating existing systems. Able to analyze information and verify its completeness. If applicable, has knowledge of the concepts of structured functional specifications, modularity and partitioning.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES:
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY:
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY: