Under minimal direction, this position manages the construction and maintenance of the electric utility substations or relaying systems, as well as SCADA and ERCOT Tie Metering to assure reliable operations. The Superintendent also responds to and manages substation or transmission line restoration activities due to weather, equipment malfunction or
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Responsible to manage safety, staff, schedules, budget and project performance for substation relay construction and maintenance projects.
2. Work with Project Management group to develop and implement the substation/relay construction project, labor, budget and schedule estimates.
3. Analyze manpower, process and resource requirements to achieve maximum efficiency in completing construction and maintenance activities.
4. Determine and recommend maintenance needs. Plan and implement maintenance activities accordingly to minimize system risk.
5. Provide technical information on impact of system upgrades as it may impact current transmission system reliability.
6. Develop and manage both capital and O&M Budgets.
7. Respond and manage substation or transmission line restoration activities due to weather, equipment malfunction or damage. Manages staff during emergency situations.
8. Assures that all plans and work are consistent with appropriate codes and regulations.
9. Maintain all work instruction, procedures, calibrations and records in compliance with quality management system
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Education and/or Equivalent Experience: