Best Consideration date is 04/01/2021
The University of New Mexico Health Sciences Human Research Protections Office (HRPO)is seeking a highly motivated, knowledgeable, goal-driven professional with outstanding communication skills to join our team as the IRB on-the-go Manager. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to provide education and outreach to the research community, HRPO staff and committee members based on knowledge of ethical principles, federal regulations, and state and local regulations/guidelines that govern human subjects research. The institution's Human Research Protections Program (HRPP) is a comprehensive program to ensure the protection of the rights and welfare of subjects involved in human research and is accredited by the Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protections Programs (AAHRPP). The Human Research Protections Office supports three institutional review boards (IRBs). The office promotes the safety and protection of individuals involved in human research by providing support, guidance and education to facilitate ethical and scientifically sound research.
The IRB on-the-go Manager will:
· Provide in-person support to assist researchers and staff in developing “review-ready” applications and follow-on submissions and in understanding and complying with regulations and policy.
· Respond to phone calls and provide guidance to investigators and research staff.
· Coordinate with other senior staff to identify opportunities for staff, investigator and committee training.
· Develop processes to ensure that new investigators, and investigators without access to professional research support, have ready access to a knowledgeable person to help them navigate the system and comply with HRRC requirements.
· Train and support the development of staff.
· On-board new HRRC members.
· Plan and lead the annual educational event Research University. Varied research topics and speakers are included in the half or all day event.
This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Prospective Employee page for a more complete explanation of UNM benefits.
See the Position Description for additional information.
Conditions of Employment
Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Biomedical Science, or closely related field; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· Expertise in Federal, State and local regulations and guidelines for the conduct of human subjects research.
· Experience preparing applications and other documents for submission to an Institutional Review Board (IRB).
· Demonstrated work experience in the development and delivery of comprehensive training programs.
· Demonstrated work experience providing consultative support and guidance regarding regulatory concepts.
· Experience in the development of policy and procedures.
· Direct experience in IRB Administration or regulatory compliance.
· Experience using an electronic IRB submission program. Experience with Click IRB is a plus.
· Working knowledge of scientific and medical concepts, terminology and clinical care procedures and standards.
· Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and other database programs.
Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM
SOM Human Research Protections (184B)
Regular - Full-Time
Term End Date
$3553.33 to $5151.47 Monthly
This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.
Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.
Background Check Required
For Best Consideration Date
Only applications submitted through the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job advertisement on a 3rd party site, please visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
Cover Letter, Resume and contact information for 3 supervisors.
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.