The Smart Agriculture lab at the Department of Biosystems Engineering and Soil Sciences (BESS), University of Tennessee seeks two graduate students (0.5 FTE) to conduct research on smart agriculture, remote sensing, robotics, computer vision, or sensors for biological systems.
Successful applicants will fulfill the degree requirements for the Biosystems Engineering M.S./Ph.D. programs, and conduct research at the Smart Agriculture lab in a timely manner.
Start semester: Spring 2021 or Fall 2021
Dr. Hao Gan
Personal Website: https://utia.tennessee.edu/person/?id=16446
Lab Website: https://www.ut-smartagriculture.com/
Please attach your CV when apply, or
contact Dr. Hao Gan through email.
The candidate must have a bachelor’s or master's degree in biosystems engineering, agricultural and biological engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science or a closely related field with demonstrated research experience, and strong written and oral communication skills.
Preferred skills include (not required):
(1) Programming skills (Python, C/C++, Java, Matlab, etc);
(2) Experience in microcontrollers and circuit design;
(3) 3D drawing software (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.);
(4) Experience in computer vision or image processing; and
(5) Experience in remote sensing using UAVs.