VUMC Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Research is accepting applications for our Research Assistant. We are seeking a self-motivated individual to assist with and ultimately perform rodent behavioral experiments in the area of neuroscience/neuropharmacology. Our team focuses on understanding pathophysiological mechanisms of psychiatric disorders and cannabinoid-based therapeutics development for mood and anxiety disorders. Duties will include performing behavioral experiments, maintaining transgenic mouse colonies, assisting with neurochemical experiments, and record keeping.
We will consider candidates with strong organizational skills and ability to work in group/team setting. This is a full-time opportunity and could lead to future careers in biomedical research and/or medicine. Minimum requirements are a BA/BS in neuroscience, psychology, biology or related field and desire to gain experience in biomedical research.
The Department of Psychiatry provides inpatient and outpatient services to children, adolescents, and adults with mental illnesses.
The major site for inpatient services is the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital (VPH) .
Outpatient services include the Vanderbilt Adult Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic (VAPOC), the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic (CAPOC), and several school-based programs.
We provide services in the following clinical areas:
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Vanderbilt Comprehensive Assessment Program
For more information, please visit https://www.vumc.org/psychiatry
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement