JSD Professional Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan. We strongly encourage minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Who we are:
"Building Relationships with a Commitment to Client Satisfaction through Trust, Quality and Experience."
Everything that we do here at JSD is based on this foundation. Come and be a part of a fast growing, dynamic, and fun company that believes building solid relationships with our staff and clients is the only way to conduct business!! As a medium-sized firm, JSD provides an efficient hands-on approach by staffing our offices with versatile individuals with experience in multiple areas of the development process and a variety of projects.
JSD Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual to lead and as needed perform work tied to civil engineering project plans for both private and public sector work, including site development, industrial and commercial development plans, and residential subdivisions.
Supervise the design and preparation of engineering documents for projects throughout a wide range of markets, including review of plans, contract management, and project profitability for civil engineering and surveying services. The person in this position also serves as a Project Manager, technical specialist, staff advisor and consultant to the civil engineering specialty leading and mentoring junior staff.
Other responsibilities include:
· Market the firm’s capabilities to establish new clients and enhance relationships with existing clients.
· Prepare proposals for potential projects.
· Be responsible for the efficient contract, billing, and collection process for projects under his/her management.
· Participate in the selection of design teams and sub consultants and in the negotiations of fees and subcontractors.
· Serves as a representative of the firm at both public & private meetings and presentations relative to assigned projects (i.e. plan commission, common council, board & agencies).
· Conduct constructability reviews or assist in the design/planning/review of other civil engineering projects of other managers when requested (QA/QC).
· Evaluate staff performance and make recommendations on hiring and promotions.
· Assign and schedule work and establish project priorities and standards.
Work independently and be available to respond to clients on an as-needed basis. Must be capable of dealing with multiple responsibilities concurrently. Ability to work extended hours as required to meet client, project and/or business demands.
Position Minimum Requirements:
o Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering field
o P.E. license in State of Wisconsin
o 10+ years of experience in all aspects of civil project development.