A Postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Hyung Jin Ahn at the department of Pharmacology, Physiology & Neuroscience in New Jersey Medical school, Rutgers university. Under the direction of the PI, the Post-Doctoral Fellow will be responsible for the conduct of research studying the crosstalk between the cerebrovascular system and the nervous system to understand molecular mechanism underlying cerebrovascular deficits in Alzheimer’s disease (AD). The individual will be primarily engaged in conducting experiments focused on identifying molecular mechanism underlying cerebrovascular deficits in AD pathogenesis, using fiberoptic spectroscopy combined with chemogenetics, MRI and immunohistochemistry in genetically modified mouse/rat AD models. Some of the projects involve collaborations with researchers at Rutgers Brain Health institute, The Rockefeller University, and Weill Cornell medical college. The individual will be responsible for planning and executing experiments independently. The individual will also contribute his/her time towards writing manuscripts and review articles that directly result from his/her research. In addition, the individual will also help train graduate students and technicians.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
1. Performs various research and technical operations relative to ongoing investigatory activities of a laboratory; may conduct independently or as assigned specialized research for a particular project.
2. Participates in the development of performance standards, selection of methodology and instrumentation and coordination of the analytical and instrumentation functions with research areas to ensure conformance with the goals and objectives of the research program.
3. Assists in the conducting of continuous program of research and development regarding new procedures and instrumentation functions of the laboratory.
4. As requested, assists in the implementation of the programs and projects in special areas of interest to the overall research program of the laboratory.
5. Performs highly skilled biochemical, molecular biology, fiberoptic spectroscopy combined with chemogenetics, and immunohistochemistry using genetically modified mouse/rat AD models.
6. Contribute to writing manuscripts and review articles that directly results from his/her research.
7. Maintains a proper data notebook pursuant to the standards of the Department and the PI.
8. Assist in training and mentoring graduate students and technicians.
9. Understands and adheres to Rutgers’ compliance standards as they appear in RBHS’s Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience