Performs administrative and business support related duties of a complex nature in support of an area with minimal guidance. This position supports multiple faculty.
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
* Purchasing, check requests, PCard and PCard reconciliation
* Monthly transaction review and journal entries as needed
* Assist with QGenda service schedule and Synergy call schedule
* Perform searches and print eStar reports, pull slides and blocks for review and conferences
* Pull articles from Eskind Digital and Biomedical Library, use EndNote to assist with manuscript preparations and PowerPoint presentations
* Create and edit figures, pictures, tables, graphs, etc.
* Handle incoming consults and send out materials for consults
* Distribute mail, pick up and deliver materials to other offices, drop off and pick up lab coats for linen services
* Print itineraries and interview packets, escort candidates during recruiting efforts
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Associate's degree and 4 years of administrative experience in an academic and/or clinical setting
* Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
* Ability to think both critically and strategically
* Ability to function independently with minimal instruction
* Previous experience with Concur, eProcurement, eStar
* High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) (Required)