Research Analyst II (Genetic Medicine)
Under direct supervision, the Research Analyst II will assist the research team in conducting observational epidemiologically-based studies focused on inherited cancer predisposition. Duties include recruitment and enrollment of study participants, as well as gathering and maintaining study related data. A degree in public health sciences or related social sciences is strongly preferred.
Job duties :
Bachelor's Degree and 2 years experience
The overarching goal of the Department of Medicine is to improve human health through basic biomedical research and clinical investigation, exceptional patient care and personalized medicine, and the training of tomorrow's leaders in internal medicine. We believe that the strongest foundation for impacting human health is compassionate care coupled with cutting-edge scientific research. We accomplish this by fostering an environment of interdisciplinary collaboration and collegiality, personal and professional responsibility, social and intellectual diversity, and dedication to the wellbeing of the patients we serve and the community we call home.
Research in the Department encompasses a broad range of investigations from discovery science on the molecular basis of disease and organ/systems biology to the development of diagnostic tools and novel therapies to large clinical trials, customized patient care, community-based public health and population studies, and initiatives in global health.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US