Lead Drainage Engineer – Transportation Infrastructure - Los Angeles/ Denver/ Dallas
Parsons is hiring Lead Drainage Engineers to support our regional and national Transportation Infrastructure Divisions for basic and design-build projects for our offices in Los Angeles, Dallas, and Denver. These projects encompass both regional and national work .
These positions can also be based , Phoenix, Salt Lake City or Las Vegas, but has the flexibility to be based in any major US city , where Parsons has an active office.
Travel will be required when predicated for client and office meetings.
Parson's extensive experience in this field, combined with your engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance.
In this role: you will be involved in a team engaged at a regional and national level leading the next generation of drainage design software and workflows in our technical community. You will be engaged in engineering drainage designs, hydraulic and hydrologic systems modeling, and plan production. You will review construction details, as well as erosion control drawings. Perform quantity calculations and produce/check engineering analytical data and related information to assure the design and any technical reports are accurate. Deliver critical design components regarding project scope, and experience with design-build highway and rail projects is highly desirable.
· Serve as a design engineering lead for primary drainage systems design for road and highway infrastructure and rail systems, utilizing relevant CAD software specific to culverts, and slope design work.
· Independently develops and/or supervises the creation of engineering products that meet customer quality requirements. This includes defining the problem, establishing the work scope, preparing the budget and schedule, planning the work, providing technical direction, and reporting the work status.
· Typical products may include detailed calculations, drawings, procurement documents, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, and detailed analyses.
· Provides support for other engineering activities as required. May supervise one or more subordinates and provide input regarding performance.
· May be assigned to a project or organizational team, or as a lead engineer for a specific discipline on a small to intermediate-size project.
· Provides input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
· 4-year degree in Civil Engineering (or related field)
· 10 years or more of related work experience with road & highway drainage design.
· Experience in design-build projects on highway and rail projects is highly desirable.We are looking for qualified Senior Engineers that have leadership experience managing projects.
· PE Registration is required
· Proficiency in utilizing CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is required.
· Combination of experience with hydraulic modeling programs of HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, HY-8, Bentley InRoads Storm & Sanitary, Bentley StormCAD, Aquaveo Watershed Modeling System (WMS), NRCS WinTR-55, Bentley FlowMaster, FHWA Hydraulic Toolbox, EPA Storm Water Management Model (SWMM and variants of it), and ESRI ArcGIS is essential.
· High-level proficiency with a combination of Bentley OpenRoads Designer, Power InRoads SS4, and StormCAD is highly desirable.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.