ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Managing Engineer provides leadership of the company's Operations, Dispatch, Sales and Business Development. He/she also makes decisions regarding improving productivity, quality and efficiency of operations.
The Managing Engineer assists with the creation and implementation of the company's strategic plans including integrity, safety, teamwork, education, quality and financial stability. He/she must have a solid grasp of the industry’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Provides the technical leadership to the team to facilitate outstanding service in the field and lab.
· Performs daily engineering tasks that include; field and lab report review, attend site meetings and perform engineering observations and functions.
· Conducts engineering related investigations and studies and produces the formal reports.
· Works with clients and staff to resolve open issues, non-conformance issues and other situations.
· Produces project Final Affidavits, DSA and OSHPD close out forms and other client requested documents.
· Oversee and manage the operational management team. This includes the lab manager, scheduler and field services supervisor.
· Perform customer service and project management functions, through review of project reports, budgets, quality assurance audits and other customer issues as necessary.
· Create a strong, supportive environment in which field and lab employees feel empowered and a part of the United team.
· Spend a great deal of time motivating and creating a culture that is conducive to empowered and self-actualized employees, resulting in a stronger, more effective organization.
· Build and maintain positive long-term working relationships with clients
· Call on existing customers to communicate company’s service capabilities and expand services provided
· Assist in the creation of capital and operational budgets each year.
· Manage the financial direction of the lab and field operations to facilitate growth and profitability.
· Review analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department’s progress toward stated goals and objectives.
EXPERIENCE AND REGISTRATIONS:
Must have an active California registration as a Civil Engineer with over ten years of experience preferably in the Geotechnical, Construction Materials Testing and Special Inspection industry.