RAI - Biomedical Informatics
Medical errors harm or kill hundreds of thousands of patients every year. In the last decade, most hospitals have computerized their medical records, leading to opportunities for innovation and safer health care. Our laboratory works on the electronic health record (EHR), with a particular focus on developing innovative clinical decision support systems, artificial intelligence, and machine learning. We conduct a range of research activities, with funding from the National Institutes of Health, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and a variety of other foundations and groups. We are seeking a full time Research Assistant (RA) to join our team.
The RA will work across all phases of research, including conducting chart reviews, extraction and organization of clinical and other data from a variety of information systems, managing and analyzing data, and writing and preparing manuscripts for submission to journals. The RA will work independently with only general supervision from a manager or Principal Investigator. The RA may also be responsible for the following activities: developing and implementing study recruitment strategies, monitoring and executing Institutional Review Board (IRB) submissions, data collection, data cleaning and analysis, and literature searches.
Through the VUMC Department of Biomedical Informatics and the Vanderbilt Clinical Informatics Center, the RA will have numerous opportunities for training and career development, especially for those with a career interest in healthcare and/or biomedical informatics. DBMI and VCLIC hold weekly seminars and journal clubs and offer trainings on research skills and data management. Opportunities to observe and shadow healthcare providers are also available.
Experience with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
Experience in programming or databases helpful, but not required.
* Bachelors (or equivalent experience) and <1 years experience
* Day Shift/Exempt Position
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US