Research Asst I, General Pediatrics
* JOB SUMMARY:
Research Assistant I
Under direct supervision, assist with the conduct of a large multi-center randomized controlled trial for childhood obesity prevention. Principal tasks include recruitment of participants for the trial, collection of survey data, generating reports to track study progress, and other tasks as assigned.
Preferred Education, Skills and/or Experiences :
Working and communicating within a team environment is crucial to the success of this project. A competitive applicant will be a team-player, willing to work on various aspects of the clinical trial. The applicant should have experience using basic computer programs (e.g., Microsoft office/excel).
Because one of the main job responsibilities will be recruitment and retention of study participants, the applicant should feel comfortable talking with research participants and making phone calls to schedule data collections. A background/interest in biomedical and behavioral research is a must. Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred. Additional quantitative skills to facilitate effective data reporting are preferred.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
Follow study protocols for recruitment, data collection, and retention in a clinical setting.
Complete quality check protocols to ensure data have been entered correctly
Participate in team meetings to track study progress.
Record, compile, and communicate data/results
Be involved in data entry and data integrity with understanding of database systems (i.e. REDCap)
Have respectful and professional interactions with parents and children, many of whom represent underserved populations
Use professional communication with study team members
Demonstrate an understanding of acceptable and ethical research procedures and techniques
* Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and < 1 year experience
* Day Shift/ NonExempt Position
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Additional Information :
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week, including evenings and weekends , as the study requires.