Position Title: Vice President, Vehicle MaintenanceJSN: 8761Department: Chief Transit OfficerDate: November 2018Reports to: Chief Transit OfficerSafety Sensitive: NoAt Will: Yes
Plans, directs and coordinates the principal planning and operating functions of the Bus and Rail Maintenance operations, programs, activities and personnel. Balance the need to meet budget marks and improve ridership, while moving the organization toward a customer focus. Eliminate safety problems through increased security and minimization of service delays.
1. 25% Oversees the, programs, procedures and objectives to ensure that high qualities of bus and rail maintenance services are provided in a safe, efficient and expeditious manner. Oversees communication between the incident site, management and responding personnel during planned and unplanned service disruptions and equipment issues.
2. 15% Establishes and executes programs to meet Authority objectives and develops an organization that will hold accountable and effectively administer the responsibilities and functions of Maintenance areas.
3. 15% Confers with and assists the Chief Transit Officer in formulating longer-term goals and objectives and in the administration of policies and programs. Performs duties of the Chief Transit Officer in the Chief Transit Officer’s absence.
4. 10% Develops and administers a uniform concept of management ensuring that personnel within each of the divisions possess a comprehensive understanding of assigned responsibilities.
5. 5% Coordinates all bus and rail maintenance operations activities to insure peak service levels are met twice a day.
6. 5% Responsible for maintaining sufficient security levels in order to protect customers, employees and facilities.
7. 5% Meets and interfaces with the public and the media as well as various levels of management from other transit jurisdictions and representatives from various governmental agencies and develops and fosters relationships which will be beneficial to the Authority.
8. 5% Keeps Chief Transit Officer, Mechanical Officers and General Managers apprised of information and performance indicators relative to special projects, plans and programs as assigned.
9. 5% Keeps abreast of new developments and advancements within the areas of Bus and Rail Maintenance.
10. 5% Hires, trains, develops, monitors, and evaluates performance of staff. Reviews and recommends personnel actions for approval.
11. 5% Performs related Duties as assigned
Reporting to this position are the following jobs:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, AND MATERIALS UTILIZED