Associate Program Manager
Requisition Number 1808953
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES: PROGRAM MANAGEMENT: Planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives. PEER LEADERSHIP: The ability to show leadership and influence people of equal rank in an effort to accomplish team goals. FINANCIAL PROCESSES: Ability to monitor costs, expenses and revenue as well as the ability to manage those costs and expenses in relation to budgeted amounts. QUALITY MANAGEMENT: Developing a systematic process of checking to see whether a process or service is meeting specific requirements. NETWORKING: Build relationships through industry contacts, professional organizations and individuals. PROCESS IMPROVEMENT: Identifies, analyzes and improves upon existing business processes for optimization and to meet standards of quality.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES:
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY:
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY:
This position with the Meharry-Vanderbilt Alliance will be located at the Biomedical Sciences Building at 1005 Dr. D. B. Todd Jr. Blvd; Nashville, TN 37208. The Meharry-Vanderbilt Alliance develops and supports collaborative initiatives. It has provided opportunities for collaboration between Meharry Medical College and Vanderbilt University Medical Center, and for collaboration with projects in the community. The elimination of health disparities is a major focus of Alliance Projects. Dr. Consuelo H. Wilkins assumed the role of Executive Director on June 1, 2012, and leads the Alliance in expanding its community-engaged research initiatives while continuing to cultivate its existing programs. For more information, please visit https://www.vumc.org/meharry-vanderbilt/ .
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 1