BSA LifeStructures is a well-established and leading healthcare, higher education and research Architecture and Engineering firm with offices in Austin, Denver, Indianapolis, Kansas City, St. Louis and Raleigh. We are currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer for our St. Louis, MO location. Ideal candidates should have experience in Design and Construction Management and be willing to lead other Mechanical Engineering staff. If you are a Professional Engineer looking for a new opportunity with a National Architecture and Engineering Design Firm please apply!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
BSA LifeStructures is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Critical Skills and Abilities
1. Design: Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
2. Effective communication skills: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; reads and interprets complex information; listens well.
3. Demonstrates leadership skills: Able to assume a role of authority, as necessary; sets an example for coworkers; delegates responsibility and empowers associates to make decisions and take personal accountability for decisions.
4. High accuracy and attention to detail: Able to perform work and job function with precision and accuracy; realizes errors can have significant impact on desired results and is able to avoid errors in almost all circumstances; carefully monitors processes; concentrates on details and organizes and maintains a system of records.
5. Strategic Thinking: Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths and weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
6. Strong analytical and financial acumen skills: Able to gather relevant data using appropriate methodologies and analyze that data in such a manner that valid conclusions and insinuations can be drawn that assist in making important business decisions; uses financial analysis to evaluate and identify desired financial directions.
7. Strong collaboration skills.
8. Computer skills required: Microsoft Windows environment; AutoCAD; 3-D CADD; Revit (preferred), Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Google Mail; Deltek Vision experience preferred.