Sacramento is one of the most diverse and integrated major cities in the country and Sacramento State is committed to providing a quality education for all of our region's students. Our campus community represents the broad diversity of our state, and we believe that all are enriched and unified by this diversity. Sacramento State is especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their teaching, research, and service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community. Sacramento State is in the heart of Northern California and just five miles from the State Capitol. With more than 30,000 students and 1,600 full- and part-time faculty, Sacramento State is California's capital university. Quality teaching is a top priority at Sacramento State, which offers a wide range of degrees, programs, and career opportunities - and its lush, 300-acre campus is situated along the American River, close to numerous bike trails and other recreational areas.
Hiring Dept. Information
For more than five decades, the College of Business Administration at Sacramento State has consistently achieved its fundamental goal - to cultivate excellence in its graduates and to develop business leaders possessing not only top management skills, but also a broad understanding of their responsibilities to business and their community. It has maintained its accreditation under the stringent standards of the AACSB since 1963. In the course of our history, we have graduated nearly 40,000 undergraduate and graduate students. We believe about 24,000 alumni remain in the Sacramento region, fueling the success of our vibrant economy.
- Teach Graduate and Undergraduate Courses in Decision Sciences (in traditional, hybrid, and on-line modalities) within the Information Systems and Business Analytics department in the College of Business Administration;
- Scholarly and Creative Activities (with an emphasis on publication of peer reviewed articles);
- Service/Contributions to the Institution.
- Service/Contributions to the Community.
- Student Advising.
- Curriculum program development.
- Supervise student (graduate and undergraduate) research.
This is a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor rank, beginning with the Fall 2020 semester. Salary is dependent on qualifications and professional experience. Summer research grants, moving expenses, and a reduced teaching load may be available.
Review of applications will begin November 4, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applications are only accepted at https://csus.peopleadmin.com
THE SYSTEM WILL ONLY ACCEPT 1 PDF FILE FOR EACH OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY.
California State University, Sacramento College of Business Administration faculty members will attend the following conferences: Joint Statistical Meetings and INFORMS Annual Meeting and will be available to answer questions about this opportunity. If you would like more information about the position, please contact Min Li at email@example.com.
A doctorate in a Decision Sciences related discipline such as quantitative methods, business statistics, management science, quantitative analysis, from a business school accredited by AACSB International. If, ABD, candidates will be required to complete the doctoral degree by June 2021 to remain eligible for continued employment.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge of data analytics, data mining, and machine learning.
- Demonstrated ability to use analytics technology, software, and programming languages in teaching and applied learning settings.
- Experience with or ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Record of or potential for research and peer-reviewed publications in a Decision Sciences related discipline.
- Demonstrated record of teaching, research, and professional experience in data analytics, data mining, Big Data management, and Big Data technologies.
- Interest in and/or experience with leading curriculum development processes for academic and professional development programs reflecting the contemporary landscape in applied data analytics in a range of business areas.
- A record of, or potential for, developing relationships with the business community.
- Interest in and/or experience with teaching online courses
- Demonstrated ability to develop graduate and undergraduate research projects/lead graduate and
- A record of, or potential for, effective collaboration with peers within the college and across the university.