Lighting Designer Job Summary:
Elite Lighting has an opening for a full-time Lighting Designer of lighting systems and applications. This position will be based in Los Angeles, CA. The Lighting Designer designs and develops advanced architectural lighting from conception to delivery. The Lighting Designer will be heavily involved in design & market strategy, concept development, and delivery of contractual obligations to secure lighting projects.
This role will be responsible for meeting corporate goals of managing existing and new partner relationships and specification growth. The responsibilities of this position will include driving the specification brand awareness with engineers, architects, lighting designers, and design/build contractors in Southern CA. The Lighting Designer will work with manufacturers’ representatives and key partners to spec/sell Elite Lighting and increase brand awareness thus incrementally improving specifications in assigned territory. Elite Lighting tailors its products to client objectives within a high-performing and aesthetically-sophisticated lighting marketplace. We strive to support our customers to drive their initiatives forward, introduce technology, support their infrastructure, engage their staff, and drive efficiencies. As lighting originators, designers, and workplace planners, we help clients formulate and align their business strategies and core values with the dynamic use of space. This position will spend 50% focused on educating others about lighting design, and 50 % of the time designing lighting.
Elite Lighting welcomes individuals passionate about lighting, design, travel, innovation, and other facets of successful lighting design. Our team members are collaborative, creative, professional, expert, and entrepreneurial. Joining our team requires leadership, skill, courage, charisma, and an overall competitiveness.
In This Function You Will
· Coordinate training for employees and management to promote and maintain successful and profitable business relationships with current and potential customers.
· Develop and maintain lasting relationships with lighting professionals within the industry.
· Create and/or review ceiling plans, luminaire schedules, energy code compliance forms, lighting calculations for daylight and electric lighting, written reports, specifications and mock-ups.
· Maintain a high-level of knowledge on current technology.
· Maintain visibility in the lighting community by participating in organizations and presenting at conferences and seminars.
· Design systems within fee and construction budget.
· Support clients by checking work for conformance to scope/contract obligations.
· Provide input on company design standards and specifications to improve quality.
· Observe and analyze existing systems and provide user feedback.
· Review equipment submittals for conformance to contract documents.
· Answer requests for information (RFIs) from contractors.
· Analyze new product data and equipment to incorporate into design specifications.
· Work with senior management and sales team to establish realistic goals for the market, consistent with overall division goals of growth and profitability.
· Analyze market trends, perform market research, and initiate pro-active or corrective actions as required to assure attainment of objectives.
· Actively participate in and oversee the design, development and production of lighting designs.
· Prepare lighting plans, lighting schedules, specifications, sections, elevations, and drawing packages.
· Create innovative, creative and complete design concepts to present to clients.
· Assure that appropriate technical guidance and assistance regarding product applications is available to customer.
· Create an award-winning lighting design application.
· Promote and market company strategy through customer training at industry groups including speaking at conventions and tradeshows.
· Quick technical comprehension and motivation focused on client satisfaction.
· Serve as the customer advocate by making recommendations and supplying feedback to product development and engineering teams to ensure products meet and exceed customer expectations.
· Perform other tasks as required by senior management.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution, preferably in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Architecture, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Industrial Design; equivalent experience may be substituted.
· 5 years’ experience or equivalent educational experience: architectural lighting design; custom light fixture design, detailing for lighting and 3D design/visualization.
· Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, AGI32, Adobe Photoshop, and InDesign.
· Expert knowledge of working drawing and procedures.
· Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
· Must have a team mentality to collaborate with others.
· Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
· Well- developed communication, organizational, motivational and interpersonal skills.
· Professional, charismatic, and sociable.
· Experience in the lighting, electrical principles, or lighting controls industry is a PLUS.
· Knowledge of lighting control systems, energy codes, and energy-efficient design principles is a PLUS
· No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Los Angeles will be considered.
The Lighting Designer primarily sits in an office with limited physical requirements. This may require individuals to sit/stand for extended periods of time, bend, stretch, twist and reach. Finger/hand dexterity is required for typing. On occasion, individuals will be required to visit a client site. Training sessions may require the lighting designer to stand for up to 3 hours, intermittently.
Please submit a portfolio or work examples with your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
· Competitive health, dental, life, and vision plans.
· Performance-based individual incentives.
· Six major holidays paid through the year.
· Performance-based bonus at year-end.
· 401 K deferral through The Principal.
· Paid time off
· Great upward mobility within the company.
Please go online for more information about the products we offer: