This position exists to provide professional oversight of an engineering nature and act as the technical representative for all CMT and laboratory testing services. The work requires a professional knowledge of the principles, methods and techniques of engineering concerned with construction materials testing aspects of projects. The work requires the exercise of considerable initiative, independent judgment and discretion with minimum supervision in handling project related details.
Senior Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time as needed. Temporary modifications to provide reasonable accommodations for a period of time do not waive any essential functions of the job requirements. The position requires an incumbent to:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Competencies)- Knowledge of engineering processes, procedures, codes and standards.- Knowledge of general and special construction inspection practices.- Ability to communicate effectively with a thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, arithmetic and vocabulary. Communications must be open and honest in keeping with Building & Earth open communication philosophy.- Ability to create and maintain accurate and confidential records and data and to prepare easily understandable reports for distribution.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and prioritize tasks and schedules.- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clients and client representatives and the general public with a focus on maintaining a Customer/Client focus at all times.- Ability to dress, speak and act professionally & appropriately.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations, multiple priorities and hectic schedules calmly and courteously.
- Skilled in the use of computers and common project management and software applications, including ability to learn company specific software applications.
- Ability to work ethically, honestly and safely at all times.
Physical Requirements1. Must be able to work, move, or carry objects or materials up to 50 lbs. with or without assistance.
2. Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communications in the English language, including the ability to communicate directly and over the telephone and be understood.
Minimum Education, Training and/or Experience- Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field.- Preferred: Professional Engineering (PE) registration in state or states where work is performed
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction materials laboratory testing, field testing and special inspection services is required; 10 years' experience preferred.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office or other spreadsheet software- Must have or have the ability to obtain CTTP Testing Technician Certifications and ICC Special Inspector certifications within field of Soil, Reinforced Concrete, Structural Masonry, Sprayed Fire Resistive Materials and Structural Steel.Special Requirements1. Possession of a valid state of residence driver’s license.2. Ability to be insured under all applicable Corporation insurance policies.