Given that our client base has grown substantially over the past few years, we find that we have a need for a Lighting Controls Engineer to join our staff. Our new office suite, in the heart of Federal Hill, provides a beautiful environment in which to support our employees and welcome our guests.
For a candidate to be successful with our company in this role, we are seeking the following skills and knowledge:
1. The Lighting Controls Engineer:
2. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements required to perform this position include:
3. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Requirements and preferences for hire are, as follows:
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Technology or Architectural Engineering.2. Five plus years’ experience in the engineering and design of lighting control systems.3. Experience using Computer Aided Design and Drafting software (AutoCAD, MicroStation).4. Customer service skills that allow for communicating details clearly to customers.5. The ability to read blue prints/drawings and interpret lighting structures within them. Knowledge of electrical codes as they apply to lighting and lighting control systems.6. Clear communication, both written and verbal, and good time management and organizational skills are required.
1. Experience with Building Information Modeling (BIM-Autodesk Revit).2. An EIT or Licensed professional Engineer (PE) with the ability to work in: MD, VA and DC.
Our Control Department is an integral part of our customer service and sales teams. Team members may be asked to travel to a client to explain and demonstrate our lighting control systems. Professionalism is presumed.