At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Structural EIT, we'll count on you to:
• Conduct analyses to develop design options or recommendations and assist in the preparation of cost estimates and specifications for structural engineering projects
• Perform routine engineering assignments requiring application of standard techniques and procedures
• Work independently on small projects or assist more senior engineers on larger projects
• Give direction to clerical and technical personnel as needed
• Perform other duties as needed
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
• Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
• Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, or similar analytical software
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
• Master's degree
• Previous structural design experience (internship or full-time work experience) is a plus
• EIT or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire