Immediate opening for a Civil or Structural Inspector for a major rail project, with an emphasis on excavation, concrete, and steel.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Inspects each stage of construction up to completion. Interprets plans, specifications, and codes and verifies contract work is performed in accordance with all applicable governing codes and regulations.
• Monitors construction sites for safety violations. Prepares Non-Conformance Reports when work is not performed to the approved standards. Maintains daily activity logs and reports with photographs, in a manner agreed to by Client prior to the work. Review or prepare interim progress reports for contractor payments. Monitors contractor-testing activities. Prepares reports on labor, material, and equipment on site. Determines construction conforms to plans and specifications.
• Conducts quality surveillance of specific quality related activities as necessary. Assist in maintaining, supporting, and promoting a safe work environment while complying with Client’s safety rules, policies, and procedures.
• Provide Construction Safety and Security field services, as directed, including but not limited to Site Safety and Security Reviews including for Construction Equipment, Personnel, Work Procedures and Traffic Control.
• Coordinate preparation of inspection survey reports, cost estimates and maintenance records. Timely submittals of these reports and records.
• Arranges, coordinates and oversees technical inspections such as electrical, landscaping, soil testing, concrete, and asphalt mixes, and reinforcing steel for conformance to specification requirements.
Be ACI or ICC certified
Have OSHA certification
Have excavation experience
Preferred candidates have:
Transportation experience, especially Rail experience
Compensation negotiable depending on experience.
Please do not apply if you do not meet ALL minimum requirements or cannot complete certifications immediately.