Program Manager – Edge for Scholars - VICTR
Requisition # 1900448
YOUR ROLE :
· In your pivotal role as Program Manager, you will b uild and manage a sustainable system for cross-platform content management for multiple academic endeavors including subcontracts with others. You will also develop and introduce a manual of policies and procedures for content standards, community standards, contests and awards, oversight, monetization, and enforcement of policies. Your tasks will include:
* Recruiting and overseeing freelance writers and artists for social media campaigns.
* Recruiting faculty, postdoctoral, and student writers for blog entries.
* Recruiting, supervising, and training student volunteers, interns, and
part-time employees for graphic design and communications roles.
* Discovering and disseminating resources for target audience of early
career biomedical researchers via social media.
* Serving as managing editor for the EdgeforScholars.org Video Vault.
* Assisting with evaluation of external editors and writers whom we recommend to faculty and trainees from our registry.
* Assisting the director with course development and production of materials for an academic writing curriculum, including grant writing.
* Assisting liaison to other academic training and career development programs to grow joint offerings related to academic writing skills.
* Assisting with programmatic efforts to locally produce videos, animated info graphics, and other educational materials.
* Participating and assisting in a range of activities that support the work of The Edge for Scholars at Vanderbilt and its national outreach and education marketing and events.
* Jointly coordinating work of the program assistant and student staff.
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 3 years relevant experience are required.
Required Skills :
*Formal training in marketing/communications desirable
*Proven expertise in writing and social media campaign development
*Excellent oral communication skills
*Excellent organizational skills
*Excellent interpersonal skills
*Excellent critical thinking skills
Department Summary :
The mission of the Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (VICTR) , which is of strategic importance to our institution and its research operation, is to remove impediments to translational science so that innovations reach the people who need them more quickly. We are a workforce united not only by common purpose but also by common values.
In collaboration with the VUMC Human Research Protections Program (HRPP), the Translational Research Navigator II assists with the optimal application of the Federal, State, and local laws, guidance documents, VUMC Institutional policies, and Institutional Review Board (IRB) policies and procedures while meeting the objectives of the VUMC research community. Consults on complex research and regulatory issues in conjunction with the team(s) to identify solutions and develop improvement processes. The TRN II researches topics of departmental, institutional or strategic importance.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center :
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments :
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments.