As the Principal Staff Engineer, you will perform engineering and design to ensure successful completion of Long Island T&D construction projects.
Duties include (but not limited to):• Prepare & check civil engineering calculations and drawings in accordance with the latest industry codes & standards using computer programs such as TeamCenter, AutoCad, Staad III, Microsoft Office, etc. in support of the modifications and additions.• Approve vendor drawings and shop drawings.• Evaluate soil boring data and soil reports. Determine the load bearing capacity and settlement parameters for foundation design. Select pile type and furnish design.• Participate in site investigations, prepare as-built sketches of existing field conditions for design purposes, witness & perform key inspections during the course of construction and resolve field problems encountered during construction.• Prepare, update and analyze cost estimates and budget documents.• Participate in project meetings for the development and subsequent progress of projects with civil engineering requirements.• Prepare project documents, prepare bid packages, prepare contract documents, prepare specifications, evaluate contractor proposals and participate in contractor pre-award meetings.• Prepare general scope of work and procurement documents to obtain outside consultants for engineering assistance. Monitor consultants as work progresses. Evaluate and approve consultants’ final reports, drawings & specifications.• Perform field inspections and prepare formal inspection reports with recommendations for existing facilities regarding safety, repair and modification. Perform field inspections and testing of various secondary containment systems for petroleum and hazardous material products.• Manage the civil workplan working with technical divisions to adhere compliance to customer need dates for the sectio
Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
• New York State Professional Engineer license (required).
• Minimum of 10 years of civil engineering experience in the utility industry. ( Experience should include structural analysis, reinforced concrete, structural steel and soil mechanics).
• Knowledge of AISC, ACI, ASCE, NESC, NEC, NYSDOT, NYS & local building codes.• Familiarity and experience in the following: TeamCenter, AutoCad & Staad III.• Knowledge of ANSI & ASTM standards.• Experience with working with other engineering disciplines & supervise engineers.• Experience with using Microsoft Office computer programs such as Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
• This position may require driving to company sites and events and will require a valid drivers license with a safe and satisfactory driving history.
Desired:• Knowledge of engineering design and analysis of underground electric transmission systems including 23-345 KV pipe type cable and solid dielectric cable systems.• Experience with marine structures.•Familiarity with Occupational Safety Health Act (OSHA) guidelines.• Good verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills and computer skills.
Please note: Immigration support can not be provided now or in the future for this position.