VICTR provides a broad spectrum of modern data and project management support services for research studies, quality improvement initiatives, and operational projects. In your pivotal role as, Project Manager, you will oversee small projects or phases of larger projects. You will liaison with researchers to determine requirements and partner with programmers and database specialists to manage the project at the ground level. You will manage some larger, long-range projects
· Master's degree or higher preferred
· Biotechnology or Biomedical industry experience preferred
· Bioinformatics experience helpful
· Technology development and/or commercialization experience helpful
· Project management experience with large studies and the ability to manage a timeline
· Excellent written and oral communication skills required
· Excellent organizational skills preferred
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Provide project management for VICTR.
· Develop high-level project plan - including specifics of technical work plans - and achieve buy in on task responsibilities and timelines from the appropriate team members.
· Define issue management and scope management strategy and achieve approval from the appropriate team members. Manage on-going consensus among project team and programmers.
· Define project objectives and define success measurements.
· Develop and communicate appropriate project documentation, including technical project overview, scope, team structure, status reports, issues management reports, change control reports, meeting notes, etc. as required in a timely manner.
2. Manage communication effectively.
· Manages the development, editing and writing of publications, including brochures, content for websites, and material for other forms of communications internal and external to the center.
· Seek opportunities to disseminate news and information about the program to relevant audiences internally and externally.
3. Provide support to the Directors of VICTR including Research Informatics for long-range strategic planning for broadly defined coordination.
· Collaborate with VICTR Project Management, customers, and other members of the team in developing long range strategic plans and objectives.
· Assist in establishing program goals in accordance with the mission of the program, Vanderbilt and any
· Participate as a team member in designing and implementing program enhancements to improve effectiveness of the program.
About the Department:
The mission of the Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (VICTR) , which is of strategic importance to our institution and its research operation, is to remove impediments to translational science so that innovations reach the people who need them more quickly. We are a workforce united not only by common purpose but also by common values.
In collaboration with the VUMC Human Research Protections Program (HRPP), the Translational Research Navigator II assists with the optimal application of the Federal, State, and local laws, guidance documents, VUMC Institutional policies, and Institutional Review Board (IRB) policies and procedures while meeting the objectives of the VUMC research community. Consults on complex research and regulatory issues in conjunction with the team(s) to identify solutions and develop improvement processes. The TRN II researches topics of departmental, institutional or strategic importance.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments:
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments.