We have an exciting full-time opportunity for a Project Engineer in our Lynchburg office.
An integral part of our Engineering Services division, this full-time position will execute on the following critical aspects of our business:
* Analyzes and executes calculations using various project-related software systems for traffic, hydraulics, hydrologic, land development municipal and environmental engineering projects.
* Analyzes survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical and/or geologic data to complete design projects.
* Work closely with other engineers and project managers to ensure accuracy of project deliverables and timeliness of development.
* Helps estimate quantities and costs of materials, equipment or labor to develop estimated construction project costs for determination of project feasibility.
* Prepares project proposals and reports as necessary.
The ideal candidate for this position must have or be the following:
* A self-starter with an undergraduate education in a formal engineering discipline, preferably in civil engineering.
* Possess a can-do, team-player disposition, with a willingness to learn on the go.
* Possess or be willing to obtain shortly after hire a PE designation. At a minimum, the candidate must have an EIT designation.