RESPONSIBILITIES: Working with the College staff, faculty, and community representatives to: (1) Supervise the Industrial Technology staff, faculty and administration in supporting credit and non-credit technology programs including customized contracted training for industry.
(2) Develop, administer and promote new and existing credit and non-credit industrial technology programs for business and industry through administrative and support staff.
(3) Collaborate with Community Education to market and sell contracted training to Business and Industry.
(4) Recruit and supervise qualified adjunct instructors.
(5) Teach credit courses and deliver contracted training as required;
(6) Implement special responsibilities: perform special assignments that reflect institutional and individual goals and ambitions appropriate to the position and the administrative team.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities: (a) knowledge of current technologies and processes found in modern manufacturing companies;
(b) knowledge of concepts in the fields of training, continuing and adult education and non-traditional education;
c) ability to function effectively as a member of administrative and instructional teams;
(d) able to organize and work effectively with small groups;
(e) ability to develop programs in cooperation with others;
(f) work effectively with diverse populations including students, faculty, administrators and community groups;
(g) ability to make decisions which will positively affect the students and customers of the College;
(h) skills in interpersonal relationships;
Experience: (a) five years management level experience in manufacturing, technical training or higher education;
(b) experience working with business and industry;
(c) demonstrated capacity to serve in an administrative capacity;
(d) program development or management experience.