About the Position: Serves as a civil engineer with responsibility for developing cost estimates and construction schedules for small, medium large and complex projects such as locks, dams, buildings, powerhouses, recreation facilities, channel improvement, levees, and local flood protection projects.
• Develops detailed cost estimates from construction contractors viewpoint requiring a careful analysis and comprehensive evaluation of numerous factors under differing and complicating circumstances.
• Participate as a member of multi-discipline teams and is responsible for all cost estimates throughout the length a project.
• Prepares initial estimates for use in developing conceptual proposals, planning alternatives, preliminary designs, additive bid items, modifications, claims, negotiations, awards, terminations, etc.
• Prepares or coordinates preparation of construction contract networks or schedules.
• Makes field trips for site investigations and project studies, recommends cost effective changes to features of work.
• Perform technical cost analysis and evaluations of contractors proposals.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA.
Series and Grade: GS-0810-11/12
Salary Range: $62,799 to $97,852 per year
Open Period: 08/14/2018 to 09/04/2018
Job Announcement Number: SWGJ189965449946D (public)
Please see the advertisement posted on USAJOBS.gov for required qualifications and instructions on applying. Create an account on USAJOBS.gov and search the Job Announcement Number.
The website link to the job posting is:
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances will be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
Relocation/Recruitment/Retention/Student Loan Repayment incentive(s) MAY BE authorized to highly qualified candidate.
Review GREAT benefits: