SUPERVISING LAND SURVEYOR (Professional Land Surveyor License Required)
$9,999.60 - $12,797.20 Monthly
Overview: Are you a licensed land surveyor in the State of California? Would you enjoy supervising a team of surveyors committed to a public agency's mission? Then check out this opportunity!
This position supervises a team of professional land surveyors within the Land Surveying and Mapping Unit. The team is responsible for field surveying and/or right-of-way surveying support work. To supervise and participate in professional land surveying work in field surveying and/or right-of-way surveying support work; and to perform related work as required.The Land Surveying and Mapping Unit, through competent, innovative, dedicated, and well-trained staff, provides professional land surveying and mapping services in support of planning, design, construction, and maintenance of District water resource facilities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Plan, schedule, assign, monitor and evaluate the work of staff engaged in field surveying and right-of-way plats and descriptions; provide training and technical support to assigned staff.
· Administer consultant and professional services contracts; prepare and review contract documents and monitor the work of such contractors.
· Conduct field reviews; analyze, resolve and act on problems requiring immediate action such as construction staking projects, deed, map and right-of-way conflicts.
· Prepare time and cost estimates of assigned work responsibilities for various projects.
· Supervising Land Surveyors sign and seal official documents on behalf of the Land Surveying and Mapping Unit Manager.
· Six (6) years of experience in performing engineering survey work in either a field or office environment, including two years of performing lead responsibilities.
· Six to ten years of extensive experience in various areas of surveying. This includes fieldwork such as boundary, leveling, GPS, topography, 3D scanning, and office/computer experience with processing field data. Also experienced in research and development of right of way plats and descriptions.
· Two years of functional or technical lead work.
· Two years of supervision or management of staff.
· Proficient in database programs, CAD, StarNet, Trimble Business Center, ArcGIS, and Microsoft Suite.
· Experience working for government/public agency
Substantial knowledge of:
Strong skills and/or ability in the following:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in water resources management, natural resources management, planning, civil or other field of engineering, geology, physical sciences, earth sciences, natural sciences or a field related to assigned functional area(s).
License or Certificate:
Possession of a Professional Land Surveyor license issued by the California Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists.
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver's license. Individuals who do not meet the driver's license requirement due to a disability will be considered for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Closing Date for Applications: November 14, 2018 by 11:59pm
For detailed information regarding requirements and qualifications for this opening and to apply online, please see the job posting by clicking on the following link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/scvwd
Please visit our website: www.valleywater.org