POET Plant Management provides operational oversight to the bioprocessing facilities and constantly strives for operational excellence by optimizing and making each of our facilities as efficient as possible. The Environmental Engineer I analyzes real time bioprocessing facility data, environmental permits, and regulations to identify areas with opportunity to enhance performance of the POET bioprocessing facilities. This position designs and drives continuous improvement projects related to environmental compliance by collaborating with the POET team to troubleshoot, innovate, optimize, and identify areas of improvement.
A TYPICAL DAY
- Providing training and oversight to bioprocessing team members related to environmental SOPs and programs.
- Assisting in developing environmental SOPs.
- Collaborating with the environmental key stakeholders to develop performance indicators, compliance tracking systems, and other management reporting tools.
- Partnering with POET Design and Construction on permit applications for bioprocessing facility expansions or Greenfield projects.
- Supporting efforts to develop environmental compliance programs at the bioprocessing facilities, including data collection, testing and reporting requirements.
- Researching applicable federal, state, and local government requirements and programs and reviewing bioprocessing facility programs to assure that plants are in compliance with all governmental regulations and that all applicable report templates are current.
- Collecting data, maintaining records documenting, training, and managing filing systems for environmental compliance.
- Providing support for bioprocessing facilities by completing environmental compliance reviews, plant inspections, and other activities related to continually improving performance.
- Foster a culture of safe behavior and environmental compliance at all times.
- Since POET focuses on teamwork and getting the job done, your skills will be put to a lot of additional uses!
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering; with Environmental, Chemical, Civil, or Biosystems Engineering preferred.
- You have up to 5 years experience in environmental permitting and/or compliance.
- You have successfully completed the Fundamentals of Engineering examination.
- You are a champion of safety and environmental stewardship.
- You have the technical aptitude to learn and understand the biofuels production processes.
- You strive for continuous improvement – Never Satisfied.
- You know the basics of Microsoft Office Suite and capable of learning new programs.
- You have excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.
- You are able to rally the team around POET’s mission and operational goals.
- You are inquisitive, collaborative, resourceful, agile, self-directed, and determined.