Requisition Number 1809624
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
· Vanderbilt University Medical Center is an institution that has built a strong reputation as a leader in medical education of health professionals, research in biomedical science, and patient care nationwide. Residency training began at Vanderbilt University Medical Center with just 12 residents in 1925. Now Vanderbilt trains over 900 house staff in over 90 residency and fellowship programs. VUMC offers residency experiences in a major teaching facility with diverse patient populations, state-of-the art technology, cutting edge research, and outstanding faculty. The Office of Graduate Medical Education is committed to supporting the trainees, faculty, and staff in our many residency and fellowship programs for new physicians. For more information, please visit: https://ww2.mc.vanderbilt.edu/gme/
· In your rewarding, pivotal role as Program Manager, you will be a part of the central management of Graduate Medical Education. You will work closely with the Senior Associate Dean of Graduate Medical Education in the management of the accreditation aspects for the institutional and program accreditations. Your duties will involve planning, management and tracking of internal reviews of each program, Clinical Learning Environment Reviews, functions of the Graduate Medical Education Committee (and Expansion Subcommittee), which is the decision-making body for Graduate Medical Education at Vanderbilt and the maintenance of policies and procedures manuals. You also will plan and manage large events, including the orientation and onboarding of approximately 300 new residents and fellows annually. Centralized services that cross programs for all house staff such as the Graduate Med Meal Money program are also administered by this role.
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES: PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE): - Planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives. PEER LEADERSHIP (INTERMEDIATE): - The ability to show leadership and influence people of equal rank in an effort to accomplish team goals. FINANCIAL PROCESSES (INTERMEDIATE): - Ability to monitor costs, expenses and revenue as well as the ability to manage those costs and expenses in relation to budgeted amounts. QUALITY MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE): - Developing a systematic process of checking to see whether a process or service is meeting specific requirements. NETWORKING (INTERMEDIATE): - Build relationships through industry contacts, professional organizations and individuals. PROCESS IMPROVEMENT (INTERMEDIATE): - Identifies, analyzes and improves upon existing business processes for optimization and to meet standards of quality.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES:
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY:
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY:
· Bachelor's Degree
· 3 years of relevant experience
· High attention to detail
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
***APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS SHOULD INCLUDE A COVER LETTER***
· Monday-Friday, 8-5; flexibility extended and required based on business needs
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US