The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the PFP engineering team to meet client and project requirements. Projects include new construction and renovation in educational, healthcare, sports, corporate commercial and science and technology building typologies. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
* Work with Office Engineering Leaders and the Firm-Wide Discipline leader to develop, support and implement key initiatives that advance an innovative engineering practice.
* Serve as a Project Engineering Leader (PEL) and as a subject matter expert to win work and assist other teams in winning work.
* Prepare documents and reports from concept design through advanced technical design documentation and construction documents, as well as specifications, for Plumbing/Fire Protection systems and equipment.
* Lead project teams, in conjunction with Project Principal and Engineering Principal, to develop project and client goals and work plans, and achieve objectives.
* Participate in marketing campaigns and interview teams, give input on proposals and development of fees.
* Participate in industry-wide and professional organizations relating to your registration.
* Oversee, guide, mentor and provide technical leadership to the engineering team.
* Oversee the design of plumbing and fire protection systems using Revit.
* Lead the review and markup of shop drawing submittals.
* Assume responsibility for field inspection of projects under construction.
* Recommend ways to improve process, quality and coordination efforts.