Dokken Engineering, a well-established civil engineering consulting firm in California, is currently seeking highly qualified individuals for the position of Senior Hydraulics Engineer to support small to large transportation projects throughout California.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Overseeing preparation of hydrologic analyses of large and small watersheds using a variety of calculation methods, including Rational Method, regression analysis, TR-55, and HEC HMS modeling.
· Overseeing hydraulic analyses of gutter flow/spread, inlet efficiency, storm drain systems, ditches, culverts, and detention/infiltration basins.
· Performing assessments of runoff water quality impacts and design of erosion control methods.
· Preparation of plans, specifications, estimates and reports associated with drainage design/analyses.
· Experience with open channel flow modeling/analysis and scour calculations.
· Coordinating with internal/external disciplines, utility companies, subconsultants, and clients.
· Performing quality control for projects.
· Mentoring staff.
· Pursuing hydrologic/hydraulic projects with local clients.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
· BS degree in Civil Engineering
· California PE
· QSD certification
· 10 years of hydrology/hydraulic experience after graduation.
· Strong working knowledge of hydraulic design software such as HEC-RAS, StormCAD, PondPack, CulvertMaster, WSPG, and other similar programs.
· Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· The ability to manager and oversee a local team and work with teams in other offices.
· Experience with roadway design and CAD software such as Microstation, In-Roads, or Geopak is a plus.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a challenging and rewarding work environment. Please respond with a letter or email, and resume.