We are currently seeking resumes from qualified Traffic Project Engineers for our Santa Ana, California office. The role will be to design and manage municipal and state traffic engineering projects for streets/highways/freeways. Perform traffic analysis, studies and preliminary engineering, transportation planning, and develop final design plans for traffic signals, ITS, lighting, signing, pavement marking, traffic control and construction sequencing. Provide and/or take direction to/from staff. This position performs a full range of professional transportation engineering assignments in a full-functioning capacity. Considerable independent judgment is required to carry out assignments that have significant impact on services or programs. Guidelines may be available, but require adaptation or interpretation to determine appropriate courses of action.
- Apply broad understanding of civil engineering and other fields to reach innovative and interdependent solutions
- Design of MOT, signing & marking, signals, lighting, ITS and all related documentation necessary for construction of plans.
- Conduct traffic analysis, safety audits, traffic impact studies, traffic signal timing, traffic signal design and calculations forming the basis of design recommendations.
- Generate clear and concise technical reports summarizing analysis findings, description of the issues, and recommendations with supporting rationale.
- Read and interpret engineering plans, specifications and reports
- Prepares and checks plans, calculations, cost estimates and recommendations
Working Conditions and Environment:
This position will require general supervision and will have to use independent judgment within established guidelines. Generally uses advanced knowledge to analyze, interpret, or make deductions from varying facts or circumstances. Will need the ability to establish rapport quickly with others working on the same project, and be able to promote a positive team environment. A working knowledge of dealing with a diverse population while using tact, diplomacy, and respect.