Martin Marietta, an American company and a member of the S&P 500 index, is a leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, with operations spanning 26 states, Canada and the Caribbean, and dedicated teams transforming more than 100 years of irreplaceable natural resources into the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live. Martin Marietta's Magnesia Specialties business provides a full range of magnesium oxide, magnesium hydroxide and dolomitic lime products.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
Responsible for overseeing and managing field construction of various capital engineering projects for plant operations as well as rail and marine unloading facilities, along with downstream business units, i.e., concrete, asphalt, etc. Project management of design and field construction, various aggregate plant improvements, new plant installations, process improvement projects, and other construction management projects involving mineral resource handling and processing. Create conceptual drawings, job cost estimates and bid packages along with managing and administering contracts. Responsible for communicating with operations managers, senior division management and corporate managers on project status. Applicant must be very innovative and knowledgeable in aggregate plant processing and be able to assess and submit various process improvements for our aggregate operations, or other business units. Must be able to manage projects from small to large throughout the corporation, and some simultaneously; track completion of projects on a regular basis without losing sight of the direction of the projects. Responsible for analyzing the effects of various civil/mechanical improvements to an aggregates operation. Will be accountable for all capital funds spent on each project.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mining, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering. Professional Engineering license a plus. Surveying skills (level, Total Station, GPS) a plus.
- Five plus years of experience in mineral processing and/or aggregates, with primary experience in project management.
- Knowledge and experience with aggregate process equipment, including material handling systems, i.e., conveyors, screens, crushers, pumps and pumping systems, material washing systems, fine recovery systems, and water clarification. Also experience with installation and maintenance. Experience with Cement operations a plus.
- Able to read and understand detailed design drawings and electrical drawings, and provide oversight for steel fabrication and erection.
- Proficient in Autocad. Experience with AggFlow and civil design and software, i.e., Carlson, Civil 3D etc. and Microsoft Project or Primavera. Experience with soil compaction and concrete testing.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; Excellent reporting skills; Proficient computer skills a must. Self-motivator and able to work independently. Team builder.
- Out of town travel required including international. Willing to travel (normally 50% maximum) and willing to re-locate.
- Job location to be determined: Raleigh, NC or Denver, CO.