Education and Experience:
- Degree in microbiology, biology, chemistry, or basic medical science that included at least 20 semester hours in microbiology and other subjects related to the study of microorganisms, and 20 semester hours in the physical and mathematical sciences combining course work in organic chemistry or biochemistry, physics, and college algebra, or their equivalent;
- Bachelor’s with 7-15 years of experience in a similar role
- Masters with 5-10 years of experience on a similar role
- Ph.D. with 0-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the research activities involved with in vitro assay development, the ability to provide technical guidance to scientific personnel performing assay development research, and the ability to provide quality review of project deliverables
- Extensive experience managing and overseeing regulatory aspects of one or more projects within a multidisciplinary scientific environment
- Extensive experience ensuring regulatory compliance with all contract and task order requirements and quality standards
- Extensive experience maintaining knowledge of published scientific literature and regulations related to projects being managed
- Knowledge of biosafety requirements for research being performed
- Strong interpersonal skills and extensive experience interacting with internal and external partners
- Skills and experience writing project reports, research protocols and manuscripts
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A quality management certification (International Organization for Standardization, CLIA, American Society for Quality, Certified Manager of Quality, etc.)
- Experience with medical diagnostic reporting requirements is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed project deliverables and timelines
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize new ideas for project research
- Demonstrated experience using SAS, STATA, SPSS or R
- Demonstrated experience developing real-time PCR, ELISA, or next-generation sequencing in vitro diagnostic assays
- The candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Must be United States citizen or permanent resident or have authorization for employment in the United States
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
To apply for this position:
- If you are viewing this position on the IHRC Career Center, please click on the "Apply Now" button.
- If you are viewing this position on a site other than the IHRC Career Center, you may use the “click to apply” link, or you may apply by visiting our Career Center and searching for the position number listed at the top of this position description.
- To view all of our open positions, and to apply to those positions in which you may be interested, please visit our Career Center, which can also be reached by visiting www.ihrc.com/Careers and clicking on the “View Opportunities” link.
IHRC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. It is the policy of IHRC, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, and veteran or disability status and to take affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and Executive Orders.