| Advanced, independent engineering position developing surface water hydrology and hydraulic models for the development of management strategies and engineering projects. |
Job duties include:
· Performs water quantity and water quality studies of surface water basins and water bodies using major simulation models such as: SWMM, ICPR, HEC-RAS, BASINS/HSPF, and District developed models; performs computer model calibration and verification of watershed simulations; perform hydraulic modeling of rivers, lakes, and District projects for the purpose of evaluating flood impacts and surface water management plans.
· Determines data needs for surface water modeling such as: GIS data, land use and soil data, meteorological data, and hydraulic data; designs hydrologic monitoring networks; performs statistical analyses on collected data and simulated results; analyzes data to develop data sets for model boundary conditions and calibration criteria.
· Develops, conducts and oversees water quantity and quality projects; provides technical assistance to other modelers; reviews work and reports.
· Writes technical reports and memos related to model documentation, project proposals, work orders, progress reports, and other related program tasks.
· Performs field surveys, performs miscellaneous hydrologic analyses, attends training classes, seminars, and reviews current literature in hydrology and water quality.