The incumbent will be responsible for overall management and strategic direction of the Conduit Division within the Baltimore City Department of Transportation. This is a senior level position with a great deal of discretion and decision-making authority. This is a non-civil service position that serves at-will of the appointing authority, and responds to the Deputy Director of Operations.
The Conduit Division Chief will have overall authority of the Conduit Division, which includes 80 employees, and will be responsible for the maintenance of over 700 miles of conduit ducts, fiscal administration, and expansion of the system. The Division Chief will oversee design, engineering, construction, maintenance, and evaluation of all conduit projects. Employees in this class work a conventional workweek; overtime may be required.
TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Manages day to day operations of the conduit division.
- Oversees design, engineering, construction, maintenance, and evaluation of all conduit projects.
- Reviews plans, designs, specifications and cost estimates prepared by others for technical accuracy and compliance with City, State and Federal codes, standards and policies.
- Responsible for the hiring, evaluation, discipline, and termination of staff.
- Creates and executes both operating and capital budgets for the division in consultation and coordination with DOT leadership.
- Coordinates with utility companies and internal city agencies.
- Performs related work as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interpret City, State and Federal codes, standards, policies and technical requirements.
- Ability to support the budget and operational management activities of the Conduit Division.
- Ability to evaluate division activities in order to ensure efficient operations and compliance with objectives, policies, and procedures of the agency.
- Ability to analyze a variety of administrative, fiscal, and operational problems and make sound recommendations to improve work processes.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate and schedule the work of others.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, supervise and evaluate the work of conduit engineering and operational staff and other personnel.
Resumes will be accepted until May 15th, 2017. If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to Beverly Woolford, HR Business Partner at Beverly.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer