St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is a world-renowned institution that is recognized as one of the best places to work in the nation. As a premier center for research and treatment of childhood catastrophic diseases, we employ a diverse team of scientific and healthcare professionals dedicated to the promise of hope. Children from all 50 states and from around the world have come through the doors of St. Jude for treatment, and thousands more have benefited from our research.
Due to the ongoing expansion of our facilities, as well as patient care and scientific research activities in the field of hematology, St. Jude is actively seeking Faculty members at all levels to join our Department of Hematology. In this role, you will:
- Participate in patient care and clinical/translational research in the field of pediatric Sickle Cell Disease or Thrombosis/Coagulation.
- Have access to a wealth of resources in which to conduct clinical and translational research studies, including state-of-the-art patient care facilities and medical technology. Our campus also includes exceptional shared resources for clinical and basic researchers, a biomedical library with access to more than 4,700 journals, a Global Education & Collaboration Center and a current Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) facility.
- Collaborate with investigators in various other biomedical fields spanning clinical care to basic and translational research.
- Take part in our rich training experiences, including a highly successful clinical fellowship program and physician scientist training program.
- Maximize our associations with the University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center and the Department of Pediatrics at LeBonheur Children’s Hospital to provide opportunities for research collaborations, as well as teaching students and residents.
Successful candidates will have particular clinical and research interests in the areas of non-malignant hematology, including bone marrow transplantation for related disorders. Candidates should have an MD (or equivalent) degree, be board-certified or board-eligible in pediatric hematology/oncology, or certified in internal medicine and pediatrics and board-certified or board-eligible in hematology/oncology. Candidates should have experience in patient management and clinical/translational research.
The facilities and salaries are competitive and a generous benefit package is included. Opportunities are located in Memphis, TN and relocation assistance is available.
For immediate consideration, please apply with a letter of inquiry and CV at:
Mail: Dr. Mitchell Weiss, Chair Department of Hematology
Dr. Ulrike Reiss, Director Clinical Hematology
c/o Deanna Walls, Department of Hematology
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
262 Danny Thomas Place - MS #355
Memphis, TN 38105-3678
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. St. Jude does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex, genetic information, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, veteran’s status or disabled veteran’s status with respect to employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment. St. Jude engages in affirmative action to increase employment opportunities for minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.