About the Company
GCC (Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua) is a world-class company that produces, distributes and markets cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates, and innovative products related to the construction industries in Mexico and the United States. We take pride in being a market leader with a culture of innovation, high performance and impeccable safety. Join the family! www.gccusa.com
What You Will Do
The incumbent in this position has responsibility for mine planning, permitting (local, state & federal), construction projects, site engineering, and assisting mine management in solving, in the soundest and economic way possible, a wide variety of engineering and mine planning issues as they arise, while ensuring compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate mine-related engineering projects, including managing internal project employees, external contractors and support.
- Support management in assigned mine planning and processes and additional engineering projects as they arise; including but not limited to site issues, safety issues and structural - geological troubleshooting.
- Work in conjunction with Coal Services Manager to design MSHA approved roof control plans, ventilation plans, emergency response plans, and coordinate mine planning to comply with plans.
- Inspect mining areas for unsafe structures, equipment and working conditions.
- Support management in planning and executing successful mine planning, ventilation, roof control, mining advancements (power center, ventilation, & belts), specifying processes and equipment, advancing miner tracking system, shooting sights, and maintaining mine/quarry map.
- Work with Mine Analyst in preparing schedules, reports, and estimates of the costs involved in developing and operating the mine(s).
- Prepare technical reports for use by management and outside engineering.
- Design, develop and implement computer applications using programs such as AutoCad, Carlson software and Trimble for use in mining operations such as mine design, modeling or mapping or for monitoring mine conditions
- Support safety and “Safety as a Value” by assisting the GCCE management team in the deployment and sustaining of the GCCE Master Safety Plan; timely review of plan and assisting in necessary updates, monitoring, and training.
- Conduct studies of methods to reduce mining and site costs by utilizing engineering techniques involving design modifications, energy applications, conservation, and best practices management.
- Assist in long-term capital expenditure planning for mine, quarries, etc.
- Support maintenance department by monitoring maintenance costs and works with Maintenance Manager to control undesirable cost impacts.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.